What is OpenAthens?
An OpenAthens account is simply a way of logging in with a single username and password to access a huge range of online information aimed at NHS staff, trainees and students.
Why do I need an OpenAthens account?
Online health information resources are purchased by library and knowledge services locally, regionally and nationally to help inform your work and study. These cover the full range of health-related topics and include:
- Journal article databases such as PsycINFO, AMED, BNI, CINAHL, Health Business Elite, HMIC, MEDLINE, and EMBASE
- Evidence-based point of care tools
- Clinical images and procedures
Visit our 'Find quality health information' page to see online resources available to Sussex Partnership staff.
How do I get an OpenAthens account?
You can self-register on the OpenAthens website. You'll need to:
- Enter Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust as your organisation
- Use an NHS PC and your NHS email address for quicker processing of your registration
- Look out for your activation email and follow the instructions it contains
After activating your account you can use our information resources from work or home
What if I’ve forgotten my password?
- Use the 'Forgotten password' link on the OpenAthens website
- Enter your email address and confirm
- An email will be sent to the email address you registered with
- Follow the instructions in the email
How do I renew my account?
You will receive an email alert when your account is due to expire.
- Click on the link in the email
- Log in and complete the online form as if registering again. Your renewal request may need to be verified if your details have changed
Contact Amy Dunn, Sussex Partnership OpenAthens Administrator on firstname.lastname@example.org