If you are a Band 6 Mental Health Nurse or a Qualified Social Worker the Mental Health Liaison Team (MHLT) based at Royal Sussex County Hospital would like to invite you to our open day on Thursday 1 November. We have some new opportunities within our team and we would love to talk to you about them.
Following a successful Application for CORE 24, the MHLT at the Royal Sussex County Hospital have acquired additional funding from NHS England . We have an approved Business Case from Brighton and Hove Commissioners to recruit staff and expand our team to provide a 24/7 service, rapid response, clinical expertise and an education programme.
The service will:
- Provide clear Emergency and Urgent Care Pathways for mental health patients who attend the Emergency Department or are admitted onto the General wards.
- Provide rapid response to referrals in the Emergency Department and Linked wards.
- Provide an urgent response time of 24 hours to all General Ward referrals including Older Persons Mental Health
- Provide specialist expertise and work collaboratively with acute hospital colleagues.
- Deliver excellent clinical outcomes and improve patient experience.
- Provide 24hr support, education and development for acute hospital staff
Working in the MHLT is an excellent opportunity to be part of a rapidly developing award winning MHLT based at Royal Sussex County Hospital.
The Mental Health Liaison service is a multi-disciplinary team working in a busy acute hospital which is a Trauma Centre for South East of England. It has a number of Regional Specialist wards e.g. Neurosurgical, Renal and Cardiac; the MHLT accepts referrals for 17 years and upwards.
The MHLT are looking for a Mental Health Nurse and qualified Social workers with experience in both Working Adults and Older Persons Mental Health. You will be involved with early detection and identification of mental health issues, comprehensive assessments, risk assessment and case management of patients in an acute hospital setting.
We are also recruiting posts for Older Persons Mental Health Consultant Psychiatrist and Adult Consultant Psychiatrist as part of the expansion of the team.
If you have previous experience in liaison or a Crisis Resolution Home Treatment Team this is desirable but not essential.
We have two time slots for your to join us at: 10am -12pm and 2pm - 4pm. Our Team Leader and Team Members will meet you and show you around the A&E Department. You will have time with us to discuss the role and responsibilities.
If you are interested, or would like to book a place on the open day please ring:
01273696955 x 4248