Our Volunteer Service recruits, trains and provides ongoing support to volunteers in a wide range of projects across the Trust. We welcome volunteers from all areas of our diverse community, who feel they have something to offer to help us enhance the service we provide to our patients.
Who can volunteer?
- Are you 18 years old or over? (there is no upper age limit)
- Do you enjoy helping others?
- Would you be willing to volunteer on a regular basis (minimum of once a week for 6 months)?
- Do you have the right to work in the UK?
If your response is ‘Yes’ to all of these questions, you might be the individual we are searching for to join our team of volunteers.
What do volunteers do and how can I apply?
Volunteers participate in a wide range of non-clinical activities across the Trust, complementing the work of healthcare professionals to enhance the experience of our service users.
Volunteer activities aim to:
- Offer social and therapeutic support to service users on a ward or department, such as listening and chatting to service users, participating in board games, quizzes, crosswords, gardening, arts or musical activities.
- Promote service user involvement.
Volunteering is beneficial to our service users, to the volunteer and to us as an organisation.
If you need any assistance, please call Natalie Poland, Voluntary Services Manager on 07810 656746 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Work experience opportunities
To find a work experience opportunity with a service in your local area, please contact the service directly. You can find your local services by visiting our find a service webpage.
Virtual work experience opportunities for school pupils
Springpod is pleased to offer a virtual work experience programme taking place in February 2021 within the Sussex area.
- You live in Sussex
- In years 10, 11, 12 or 13
There are three programmes available to access:
- Medicine virtual work experience: 8 - 19 February 2021 (students will need predicted or actual GCSE grade 6 in Maths, English and Science to apply)
- Nursing virtual work experience: 15 - 26 February 2021
- Allied health professions virtual work experience: 15 - 26 February 2021
Each programme has around 10 hours activity which you can fit around other commitments you may have. There are live webinars but once they have taken place a recording will be available to watch.
If you live in Surrey or Kent and Medway alternative programmes are available here.
If you have any questions or want further information, please contact Springpod to discuss further.
Psychology graduate internships
To search and apply for an apprenticeship, please see our apprenticeship page.