We help women, and their partners who have dyspareunia and penetration difficulties. The service uses evidence-based, psychological approaches to reduce the difficulty and to enable the women to achieve their personal goals for treatment.
Service inclusion and exclusion criteria
Service inclusion criteria
- Must be female
- Must live in Brighton and Hove locality
- Must be 18 or over
- Consultant only referral
- Must have female sexual pain or penetration difficulties
- Must understand that psychosexual therapy will be the focus of treatment.
Service exclusion criteria
- A mental health problem that would overshadow the psychosexual therapy treatment
- Pregnancy may suspend treatment
- Unable to commit time to regular sessions and completion of home tasks
- No GP or self-referrals.
Situations to be discussed with Team
- All referrals will be discussed at weekly allocation meetings.