We are here to help when you need advice, have concerns, want to tell us what you think about our services, or don’t know where to turn.
What PALS can do
- Listen to you and talk to staff on your behalf to try to resolve any concerns, issues, problems or difficulties
- Provide information about the service we provide and about the NHS
- Signpost you to other support organisations who can help
- Listen to your suggestions and comments, provide support and take action to improve our services
- Hear from your positive experience and share compliments with those involved
- Listen to your concerns, suggestions or queries
- Help sort out problems quickly on your behalf.
When to use PALS
If you have a concern about yourself or about a relative or friend in our care, we recommend that you raise your concerns first of all with the people who are providing the care. They will usually be best placed to help you and to put things right as soon as possible when they go wrong.
If you want help with doing this, PALS can help you. A member of the PALS team will listen and discuss with you the most appropriate way to take your concerns forward and can also give advice on independent advocacy services and the formal complaints process.
Patient Advice and Liaison Service
Tel: 0300 304 2198
We are available Monday to Friday, from 9am to 5pm. If there is no one available to take your call or it is outside of these hours, you can leave a confidential message on our answer machine and you will be contacted as soon as possible.