Our interpreting and translating services enable effective communication with individuals for whom English is not their first language or for people with hearing or visual impairment.
We have selected Sussex Interpreting Services and Vandu Language Services to provide face to face interpreting, Language Line provide our written translation services along with telephone and video interpreting and Action Deafness is our provider for British Sign Language interpreting.
Click on the link below to find out what services are available or for more information please email email@example.com.
Spoken language interpreting services can provide:
- Face to face interpreting services (including emergency provision)
- Telephone interpreting services (including emergency provision)
- Translation services. (Note we are now recommending using Google translate for the majority of written translations – see footnote below).
Services for people who are deaf or hard of hearing:
- BSL / English interpreting.
- Sign-supported English.
- Lip speaking.
- Electronic and manual note-taking.
- Speech to text reporting services.
- Deaf / blind communication.
Services for people with vision impairment:
- Transcription from text into audio.
- Translation to large print.
- Translation to braille.